Melpro Developments undertook the renovation of our 3br Edwardian terrace house in Fitzroy North during 2007.
The renovation involved the following:
- complete reconfiguration of the back half of the house including demolition of all internal and
some external walls, a chimney and the ceiling; along with associated structural works as a result
- a new bathroom was constructed in the centre of the house along with a loft space above
- a push‐out was added to increase living space, and large windows and bi‐folds were fitted to
improve natural light
- a new kitchen was installed including all joinery, whitegoods and stone benchtops
- a new hardwood floor was laid
I am very happy with the final result and would be only too pleased to recommend them for similar works. My main contact for the works was Haydn McDonald (partner) and I found that his overall outlook was to finsih the job with a result that they could be proud of and that would please the customer. I also found their site builder for the works (Darren) to be very helpful, skilled and conscientious.
During construction I found responses to my queries to be prompt and Melpro were always happy to discuss alternatives to the contracted scope.
The sub‐contractors they used produced a high quality result (particularly their tiler and floorer). When problems were encountered Melpro went out of their way to ensure the final result was of a high quality.
I would be happy to discuss further if you wish to call me on XXXX XXX XXX.